Thursday 25 October 2012

Our house

I mentioned our staircase in a previous post and thought I would share some photographs. The house once belonged to my Nan, Ida, and I believe she last decorated it in the 1970s. Since then, not much work has been done to it at all. Here is what the stairs and hallway look like at the moment...


I know that retro wallpaper is back in, but I can't help but feel like this is a step too far. Here is a close up...



The curtains are also an interesting green and brown pattern, and you can just about make out the dark green carpet.
Despite the negatives, I have high hopes for this space. I love the chunky bannister and the dado rail. Behind those curtains is a beautiful original sash window and we revealed some original quarry tiles beneath the carpet downstairs. Once we strip the walls and get them replastered, I think a lick of paint will go a long way.

No comments:

Post a Comment