Tuesday 6 November 2012

Quilting SOS

I have been trying to crack on with my half square triangle quilt. Has anyone ever made one of these before? As a first attempt I am finding it to be incredibly frustrating! I spent a long time cutting out perfect 5" squares, only to find that when I had sewn them together and opened out the two sides the square was all wonky again. I have therefore had to trim them down to 4" squares and go back to the cutting board as I had nowhere near enough. Does anyone have any handy tips on how to avoid this, or is it just an inevitability? Thankfully I am not alone as my sister has been having similar difficulties, you can read about it here.

I have just cast my votes for the Blogger's Quilt Festival over at Amy's Creative Side. All of the quilts are gorgeous, some people are so talented!

Amy's Creative Side

No comments:

Post a Comment