Sunday 28 July 2013

Minnie's at Mary's Marvellous!

Yesterday I had my first stall at Mary's Marvellous Vintage and Craft Fair. I have spent the last week or so prepping all my stock, pricing everything, making sure I had enough business cards, remembering table cloths, buying clothes rails, making bunting and cramming everything in to my teeny tiny car. It's safe to say that I am a worrier so I had planned for every possible eventually in my head, there were lots and lots of lists involved!

I needn't have worried though because I had such a great day. The event was 1960s themed so I was rocking a beehive and a rather snazzy dress that I picked up from a charity shop.

(I also brought all of my vintage clothing but it was on the opposite side)
 Here you can see my bunting in all it's glory, I knocked it together using some spare pieces of vintage fabric that I had and the spare binding from my chevron quilt. I was quite pleased with the overall result.


There was a scooter rally in the church grounds, and I was particularly taken with this fabulous Bedford camper van.



All of the customers were really friendly, I enjoyed having chats with people who love vintage as much as I do. My whole family also came to visit me which was really sweet. There were a lot of wonderful stalls and I had to be really really careful not to spend all of the money I'd made there and then! To all of the stallholders that I met, thank you for making me feel welcome and it was lovely meeting you.





The day was super long and by the end of it I was so so tired, but it was a lot of fun. I learned a lot and will definitely be applying for spots at other fairs in the future.

*** If I have used a picture of your stall, please let me know and I will link up to your website!***


No comments:

Post a Comment